Our Team is Growing!
We are hiring!
We're Looking for whip-smart, driven, & passionate team members
We’re so excited that you’re interested in joining our team here at The Uncaged Life! Read on to learn more about us.
The Uncaged Life
Our business is based around helping people work virtually, so this is an entirely virtual position. This means you get to work from home, with no pants on (but if you’re the right fit for us, you’ve been living that online biz life for a while now, and know all about the benefits of working from home!).
The Uncaged Life is a rapidly growing online business that offers education through courses. Our main offer is Uncage Your Business - we’ve helped life coaches, solopreneurs, and other service based businesses get clear, get confident, and get clients!
Of course, we are definitely biased — but we're pretty sure working at Uncaged is one of the sweetest jobs you’ll find. And we really believe that the work we do here at Uncaged is changing the world.
The Uncaged Life Team Experience
- You’ll have a ton of autonomy. You will have the opportunity to work on your own and really define your role. We also encourage you to bring your ideas to the table if you know a better way to do something -- we’re all ears and value your feedback and expertise! While we have a vision for the business and brand guidelines, we’re always open to doing things better! If you have specific expertise in something, let us know! We count on you to be part of making your piece of the pie run smoother and better!
- Our office is virtual...which means you can wear yoga pants, pajamas, or whatever you feel most comfy in. Feel like you need to wear your hair up and no makeup to our meetings? Or maybe even turn the video off? Awesome! Do it. The idea is that you can wear whatever you want - we don’t care. You’re probably already used to this as someone who’s been around the block in the online world, but it’s still worth mentioning a plus!
- We’re not big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around. Once you're trained up, we are not big on double checking your work or having a bunch of back and forths just to get a task done - we would love for you to take charge and get ‘er done the best way you know how!
- The hours are super flexible (within reason obviously!).We’ll work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you and us. Our preference is that you’re working within 2-3+/- hours of Eastern Time zone (New York Time) so that you’re not sending us Slack messages in the middle of the night, and that you’re mainly working between 9am-6pm EDT. We work flexible hours sometimes we understand needing to work nights or weekends here and there - so we aren’t sticklers, but we really prefer team members that work during the day M-F, 9am-6pm EDT. If you like to work late at night every day - this isn’t a good fit!
- We’re a great team to be a part of. We are quickstarts, so there’s not a ton of boring meetings, egos that bottleneck good ideas, or wasted time (ours or yours!). You’ll have a ton of autonomy while being part of, learning from, and supporting an all-women team that serves a mainly female client base as we continue to scale and grow The Uncaged Life.
Now let's talk about what we're looking for in you:
Our team is what makes The Uncaged Life live and breathe, and with that in mind we have expectations! While we’re hiring for two positions, the below list is a solid idea of what we expect from everyone on the team.
Here’s what’s important to you if you’re a good fit for the team:
- You’re a strong communicator. You’re a self-starter and understand the importance of two way communication. You’re ok asking questions, pushing back, and don’t have a problem stepping up to make suggestions on how to be more efficient or productive. That means you have no problem updating us on what you’re working on without being asked. You enjoy filling us in on things and sharing what you’re seeing or thinking in your role. You’ll have autonomy in your role, but we also need to be in the know.
- You have a positive attitude and like to be part of a team. We’re not necessarily looking for the life of the party or someone that’s overly happy and crazy positive - we get that life happens…but we are looking for someone who will show up when they’re working with a can do and friendly attitude, and are ready to be part of the team that gets shit done.
- You have a sense of urgency. We expect you to have a sense of urgency when it comes to your tasks and responsibilities. You're able to prioritize tasks based on company priorities. We don’t expect you to finish everything immediately when it’s assigned to you. But we do have reasonable expectations of work/life balance and expect you to have a solid understanding of priorities.
- You're flexible and understand your role. We work to be as clear as possible of what’s expected of you, and what your job consists of. However, we do expect you to step up and truly own your role. That means asking questions, being dedicated, and determined in your position - it also means, keeping us in the loop if you won’t be available or if you aren’t clear on something. An important note, we have two big launches a year, and while we know you have other clients, we expect you to be available on days we’ve discussed in advance of each launch.
- You’re proactive and hold yourself and accountable. We’re all human, and that means mistakes happen and that’s how we learn. We’re not unreasonable about this nor are we micromanagers, so it’s important that you’re someone that’s aware of their strengths and weaknesses and demonstrates personal responsibility. We’re looking for someone who can own their mistakes and come to us with solutions.
- You’re committed to this role. We understand what it’s like to be an entrepreneur! And we want to support you in that, however we are looking for people that are dedicated to the roles they’re applying for and are not looking to become a coach or start launching courses, or membership programs. If that’s what your goal is in the next few months or year, wonderful! But it’s not a good fit for us!
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable customer experiences. Both roles will be emailing and messaging with customers and the team. You need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction and are able to do it with love and empathy...even if you’re having a shit day.
In a Nutshell…
In short, your role here is to help us drive the mission of The Uncaged Life forward and to have fun at work and laugh with us (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?).
What we don’t expect is perfection for you to qualify for the job. Tools are teachable, but we do expect you to have a solid understanding of the online business world and your role as a service provider and are willing to be part of a fast paced, driven team.
We want you to be excited about diving in and getting things done for someone else’s business. We expect intelligence, energy, organization, resourcefulness and a get-it-done attitude.
A few more things for both roles! Please only apply if these all describe you…
- You want to work as a contractor, and can make a commitment of 5-10 hours a week (VA role), or 10-15 hours a week (SM & Community Manager role) to start.
- You can work from wherever is most comfortable -- but we prefer someone who is within 2-3 hours +/- of the Eastern Time zone. Becca is located in Western Canada and Meighan lives in Boston.
- You have a solid working knowledge of the role you’re applying for.
- Because this is a virtually based position, you must have access to a computer and STRONG internet connection.